The Brookshire's

The Brookshire's

Friday, April 30, 2010

Finally Friday! Why is it the days seem to drag but the nights fly by? When I wake up in the mornings I feel like I've just had a nap! I am looking forward to sleeping in an hour or two in the morning :)

EL and I had dinner at mom and dad's last night. Madison was at stage crew and Damion was still working. Mamaw and Papaw stopped by too and it was nice to see them for a bit.

I learned yesterday that Madison had a new boyfriend...and then this morning, she told me she broke up with him. I couldn't help but giggle. Middle school girls and their boyfriends...I want it to stop.

Today will hopefully be a quiet day at work. On beautiful days like today I just want to be with my girls. Of course, they're at school right now but it'd be nice to have the afternoons with them when they get out. I am always so rushed when I get off at 5pm everyday. There just isn't enough time in the day to get everything done. Sad thing is, I put off spending time with them just to do my own chores. I'm working on that though. I'm getting pretty good about letting things go here lately. One day they won't be around for me to hang out with and I'll have plenty of time for chores.

EL has soccer practice tonight and a game in the morning. She's excited and I'm happy she's excited! Brody's bday party is on Sunday at Fun Depot but other than that nothing else is planned. I long for weekends with no plans :)

I've been reading the book The 5 Love Languages for Children. A few years back I read The 5 Love Languages (for adults) and found it to be very rewarding! I learned so much about myself and Damion from reading that book that I wished I had read it a long time ago. I recommend it to everyone. Since it was so good I thought I'd read the one for kids. I'm having a hard time talking to Madison. I guess it's just her age but she just doesn't want to talk to me. I get on her nerves. She doesn't want me to hug her or touch her at all. I never thought she'd be this way. This is the same precious little girl that slept in our bed until she was 5. The one who was always up for snuggling. It breaks my heart. The 5 languages are: Words of Affirmation, Physical Touch, Acts of Service, Receiving Gifts and Quality Time. I have EL figured out right now, but as she gets older it may change. I'm hung up on Madison. They also have The 5 Love Languages for Teenagers which I think is what I need to be reading for Madison. It just feels as if she hates me. I tend to leave her alone and let her do her own thing just so she won't be mad or grumpy towards me. I don't feel like this is the right thing to do though. It kind of feels like I'm just wiping it under the rug to deal with it later...later will be too late. So I'm struggling and I am hoping to learn something from this book. Pray for me. She's breaking my heart.

On a more positive note (because my eyes are filling with tears), it's Friday!

1 comment:

  1. YAY for Friday! I see it in Starla and if I think back to when I was her age, I didn't really want to share much with my family. I think it really is just part of growing up and a stage we all went through. The boyfriends...HA....Starla's status changes almost daily these days. I am sure Madison will grow out of it as most of us did. Just be there for her. I can honestly say that no matter how distant we were at time that when something was really going on my sister and I both knew we could go to mom. She would listen and try and help and we even knew if it was something bad that we would not get in trouble for going to her and asking her advice. She always made it clear that as long as we came to her she was there for us and to listen and help. Hope you have a beautiful Friday!

    ReplyDelete