The Brookshire's

The Brookshire's

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A little bit of negativity....

Damion can not get a break. It seems like when something goes wrong, it all goes wrong. I feel so bad for him and can not do anything to help. He is such a good person, he really is but it seems like he gets taken advantage of daily. I don't understand how people actually think they can have work done on their house and then decide they don't have the money to pay. I've said it before but does anyone actually think they can go to the grocery store, get groceries and leave without paying? I just wish, hope, pray that one day he will get some relief. He works ALL the time, comes home late EVERY SINGLE NIGHT and is stressed to the very max. He skips lunch because he's so busy, drinks coffee all day long and usually eats around 9pm and goes straight to bed. He's overweight, stressed out, not getting much sleep - we all know that is not a healthy combination. When he decided to quit his job at Wilsonart and become a general contractor, owning his own business, I just wanted him to be happy. He had a great job at Wilsonart, great benefits, great hours - it was all great! He was bored and wanted to do more with his hands. He is an excellent builder - a not so great business person. I'm feeling sorry for him today :(


That's us in Mexico in January, 2008.

On a positive note, today is Aimee's birthday and she is off from work today and tomorrow. I will man this ship by myself...and be bored doing it. We laugh so much everyday, it's kinda sad when one of us is alone.

Madison is getting baptised tonight. I am very excited although she is brushing it off like it's no big deal. Mom, dad, Brett, Sarah & Riley will definitly be there. Hopefully Damion, Donald & Vickie will make it as well.

If I haven't mentioned it already, Flat Stanley has made it to Pinehurst and is enjoying his stay so far. He also has a blog so if you haven't seen it, check it out. Emma-Leigh will have a great project to share with her class. Tiff always does such a good job with stuff like that.

Last night after work I met mom and the girls at the gym and after that, we ventured to the grocery store for a few things and then headed over to mom and dad's for hot dogs with Brett, Sarah & Riley. It was nice! But then that lead to a late night, late baths, late homework finisher uppers for the girls which then lead to a crazy morning this morning! Upside is - it's the middle of the week. It's all downhill from here!!

1 comment:

  1. That sucks about Damion's work. Perhaps he needs an official contract for people to sign and when they don't pay the creditors collect or garnish wages. Business...

    ReplyDelete