The Brookshire's

The Brookshire's

Monday, April 12, 2010

Where did the weekend go?

Are your speakers on? Do you hear the song that's playing? Yeah, that's what I was listening to on the way to take Madison & Bayley to school this morning. I have never heard of this song. Sure, it's catchy...but the lyrics? The vulgar words? Where do they get stuff like this? I'm telling you, middle school is tough. Tougher as a mom, I think. Anyway, this song won't be the #1 song in the playlist for long. Feel free to change it if you'd rather hear something else. Trust me, I won't be offended!

The weekend was beautiful!! Friday night we hung out at home. Damion worked late and Madison went to dinner with Bayely at Apollo Flame then they went to Target. Emma-Leigh and I went to Boston Market and brought dinner home. After Madison got home we went to Target to get birthday presents for each of their friends and then to CVS to get these new little bracelets. They're the new fad. I can't remember the name of them but they're jellyish type bracelets and when you take them off, they make a shape...like a crown or a wand or a fish or a sunshine...you get the point. They're pretty cute.

Saturday Emma-Leigh and I got up pretty early, got ready and went to get my car inspected. We secretly left Madison at home alone with a note under her door telling her where we were. She was still asleep when we got back. At 2pm, Emma-Leigh had a birthday party to go to. It was her friend from her class, Hannah. I dropped her off at the party, went home to get Madison (she was still primping and not ready), took her to Cameron's for Bayley & Cameron's joint birthday party, then went back to get Emma-Leigh. She and Hannah had already worked out a sleepover so she ended up coming over to our house. They had a lot of fun! Madison spent the night with Bayley so it was nice for Emma-Leigh and Hannah to be able to hang out together.





Sunday we went to church. Me, Emma-Leigh and Hannah. We met Cindy, her mom, Brody, Bayley and Madison there. After that we all went to Firehouse and Amelia joined the girls, Damion met us there as well. After that, the girls went back to Cindy's house and I took Emma-Leigh, Hannah and Brody with me. We went to Discount Shoes with Damion and then went home so they could all play outside. It was a beautiful day and Brody and Emma-Leigh enjoyed each other's company for a change.



They played all day. Hannah's mom picked her up around 3pm but Brody and EL played until about 6:30 and I finally had to take him home and go get Madison. Cindy and her mom were working on dinner and invited us to stay and eat so we did! Steaks, baked potato, salad...it was very good!

So it's back to the routine today...Monday is never any fun.

2 comments:

  1. Let me just say...I'm already dreading the middle school days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really, really not looking forward to middle school....Bailey seems VERY ready, but I'm just not so sure!!!

    ReplyDelete