The Brookshire's

The Brookshire's

Friday, April 16, 2010

Praise, sickness and a broken heart

All these things hit Madison in less than 24 hours. Let's start with the praise - Wednesday night she was baptised and it was great! Mom and dad, Brett, Sarah & Riley, and Damion all made it in time! I even got Emma-Leigh out of her AWANA's class early so she could witness it too. It was pretty dark in there but here are a couple pictures.





Thursday morning, she got sick. She woke up with a belly ache and kept saying she didn't want to throw up...and then it hit her. All over the bathroom floor, walls, her feet...needless to say, I got it all cleaned up,she insisted she could not miss school and we were out the door with a pack of gum and her bookbag!

Thursday at school, her boyfriend since November broke up with her. I felt so bad for her! I know they are only 12 and in 6th grade but rejection, of any kind, when concerning either one of my kids is heartbreaking. Later, he called her but she wouldn't answer her phone. Ah, to be in love and in middle school again!

Today Madison was going on a field trip - The Scoop About Poop! She was not looking forward to it. I am curious as to how it went!

I took an early lunch this morning and met Andrea at Old Navy for the start of stuff 'n save. The first 50 customers were able to get 50% off! What a deal, right? Yeah, everyone else thought so too because when I got there (before 10) there was a HUGE line going up the side of the building. We were not able to get 50% off but I did buy a few pairs of shorts for our upcoming cruise in June! The fun part was getting to shop with Andrea though. I haven't seen her since she was pregnant with Garrett so it was fun! We are planning on going out to dinner sunday night with a few other friends and I am already looking forward to that.

Tonight Emma-Leigh has soccer practice at 6 and then we have no other plans for the weekend! I really need to work on mine and Emma-Leigh's closet - out with the winter clothes, in with the summer clothes!

Today is such a BEAUTIFUL day!

1 comment:

  1. Awwww she has had one crazy week! I remember those broken hearted days. Hope she is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete