Emma-Leigh's fabulous birthday party was yesterday! She had a great turnout and had a blast with all her friends! I am especially proud of the fruit bowl I prepared (with the help of Sarah and Dad). It was delicious! Mom took Emma-Leigh shopping at the mall yesterday while Madison, Sarah & I got things ready. Sarah supplied the blender and pina colada mix, tables, chairs,lots of creative ideas and some back breaking manual labor. So a shout out to Sarah - I appreciate all that you've helped me with this summer :)
So yesterday at 4pm it was raining, pouring actually. It was not looking good. About 30 minutes later, it stopped and the sun came beating down. Hallelujah! I had bought a small pool (which Damion rigged up at the bottom of the playground slide) and a slip 'n slide type thing that you use a boogie board with. The kids had a lot of fun and we were happy it turned out so well.
Here's the (skinny) birthday girl!
The kids doing a balloon toss.
Emma-Leigh going down the slide.
Time to whack the pinata - which I completely forgot about until people started to leave!
The party was over around 7pm or so. Long party! I was just happy everyone was having a good time. All the parents stayed - which I wasn't expecting but it was great! After everyone left, I began the clean up process. Not fun. I also had to (had to) clean the floors - the kitchen and the hardwoood, and vaccuum the carpet. After that - a long, hot, bubble bath was calling my name. I was exhausted.
Here's a picture of the "store" the girls were playing last night with all EL's new loot. Madison is so organized.
They played for a few hours together - this is so nice and so rare but it seems as if it is happening more and more here lately.
And now it is Monday (again) and almost 5pm. I promise to go to bed early tonight, promise.
No comments:
Post a Comment