The Brookshire's

The Brookshire's

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sugarland - Just Might (Make Me Believe)



Make sure you scroll down to the playlist to pause it or you'll have 2 songs going at a time. Listen/watch the video :)

No words are really even necessary today - this song is enough....but I'm never at a loss for words!

It's funny how I will hear a song on the radio on the way to work (usually after I drop the kids off) that just spells out everything in my mind. For one, $ is tough this week. Dr. Travis has been out of town and I got my last paycheck 21 days ago. I'm used to being paid every 14 days plus we had a birthday blow out for Emma-Leigh during that time. Damion is struggling with getting his customers to pay him. He has plenty of work (praise the Lord) and stays super busy but getting paid (On Time) has been difficult. When I hear songs like this, it makes me focus on the things that really matter. So what I can't go out to lunch today (and have to eat a turkey sandwich for the 3rd day in a row) my entire family is healthy, happy and there is more than enough love to go around. My husband loves me with every piece of his heart, which I still can't figure out and who says you can't live on love? We were able to go on a family vacation this year and our bills aren't late so why should I feel sorry for myself? Madison is in Florida right now and Sarah is taking Emma-Leigh to paint pottery downtown this afternoon. Basically this is a wake up call to me that things could be worse...a lot worse.

Last night we said goodbye to a dear friend -


and Emma-Leigh scooted away on her scooter (in her pajamas) like she didn't even care. I (of course) was teary-eyed.


Here's a sneak peek from Madison and Bayley's "photo shoot" in Florida done by Cindy's sister, Christy.


Aren't they beautiful?

3 comments:

  1. The pictures are just great! It does take a moment to stop and reflect when we get soo caught up in daily life, what all we should be thankful for. As my parents always said, this to shall pass! I just recently put abigail in a backless booster, I just can not believe how fast they grow..makes me sad :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Sugarland! The pics are beautiful! I think we are all dealing with tougher times than we would like but since we can't control everything (much to our dismay) we just have to keep on keeping on. I hate feeling like things are so pushed but at the same time I make it and I am so thankful for that. I see people in much worse situations all the time. Have faith!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see more of those pictures of the girls!

    ReplyDelete