Well, another trip around the sun has begun for this little lady. I'm tearful just thinking about it. Let's see how much she's changed at this same time next year. . . Currently, she still is afraid of her own shadow. She follows me around everywhere I go. If she happens to be in a room alone (doesn't happen often) she will shout for me - just so she will know where I am. (In my mind I'm thinking - hello? our house is tiny! where else would I be? But then I am quickly reminded that it won't be like this for long. I need to enjoy it while I can.) She loves to snuggle. Absolutley loves it when either Damion or I sleeps with her. It is usually Damion that does, I need my alarm clock and he can sleep anywhere. He loves it though. It's his way of spending more time with her (and sometimes Madison too) since he's always working. She still sleeps with her blankies. The same blankets that we've had since before she was born. They are microfleece - yellow. I love those things! It is amazing how much comfort something like that can bring. She doesn't take them everywhere with her but I have found that if I bring them along, just the thought that they are in the car is enough for her. She and Madison fight like crazy but this past week or two they have been getting along great. Every evening they play together - it is amazing and I love to see them in action. They are 2 creative little people, that is for sure. Some of EL's favorite foods are chicken legs, pizza, crazy bread, corn (on the cob only), any kind of chocolate, peanuts, and she loves to have apple juice first thing in the morning. Riley has got to be Emma-Leigh's biggest fan. She adores "mimi" and they have so much fun together! EL has a "boyfriend" named Ethan who actually called her last night and sang Happy Birthday on the answering machine. It was the sweetest thing I have ever heard and she absolutely loved it! Emma-Leigh is such a fun girl. Full of energy and spontaneity. You just never know what she's gonna do. She can also be a handful - especially when it comes to her temper. She's got a bit of a short fuse and if she is hot - watch out! I have found that when she freaks out like that, all she needs is a hug. That usually calms her down but usually when she's acting all crazy the last thing I want to do is hug her. haha. Our world wouldn't be the same without her. I can't believe she's already 8.
"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together." Marilyn Monroe
The Brookshire's
Thursday, July 22, 2010
The start of another year...for Miss Emma-Leigh
Well, another trip around the sun has begun for this little lady. I'm tearful just thinking about it. Let's see how much she's changed at this same time next year. . . Currently, she still is afraid of her own shadow. She follows me around everywhere I go. If she happens to be in a room alone (doesn't happen often) she will shout for me - just so she will know where I am. (In my mind I'm thinking - hello? our house is tiny! where else would I be? But then I am quickly reminded that it won't be like this for long. I need to enjoy it while I can.) She loves to snuggle. Absolutley loves it when either Damion or I sleeps with her. It is usually Damion that does, I need my alarm clock and he can sleep anywhere. He loves it though. It's his way of spending more time with her (and sometimes Madison too) since he's always working. She still sleeps with her blankies. The same blankets that we've had since before she was born. They are microfleece - yellow. I love those things! It is amazing how much comfort something like that can bring. She doesn't take them everywhere with her but I have found that if I bring them along, just the thought that they are in the car is enough for her. She and Madison fight like crazy but this past week or two they have been getting along great. Every evening they play together - it is amazing and I love to see them in action. They are 2 creative little people, that is for sure. Some of EL's favorite foods are chicken legs, pizza, crazy bread, corn (on the cob only), any kind of chocolate, peanuts, and she loves to have apple juice first thing in the morning. Riley has got to be Emma-Leigh's biggest fan. She adores "mimi" and they have so much fun together! EL has a "boyfriend" named Ethan who actually called her last night and sang Happy Birthday on the answering machine. It was the sweetest thing I have ever heard and she absolutely loved it! Emma-Leigh is such a fun girl. Full of energy and spontaneity. You just never know what she's gonna do. She can also be a handful - especially when it comes to her temper. She's got a bit of a short fuse and if she is hot - watch out! I have found that when she freaks out like that, all she needs is a hug. That usually calms her down but usually when she's acting all crazy the last thing I want to do is hug her. haha. Our world wouldn't be the same without her. I can't believe she's already 8.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I can't believe how fast they are growing up! EL is 8 which means Jaidyn is almost 7. This growing up stuff sucks.
ReplyDelete