It just happens to be Monday again...funny how they roll around so fast. The sun is shining brightly and it looks like the beginning of fall outside. Not sure what it is, maybe the decrease in the humidity, the nice breeze that is blowing and the way the leaves turn up on their ends...I can't wait for cooler weather. Fall is my most favorite time of year. I can pull out all my long sleeve shirts (no one ever asks me about my vitiligo in the fall) and start shopping for new sweaters. The only part I hate is putting my toes away. I love flip flops!
So this weekend was pretty uneventful - my favorite kind! Friday night we ended up meeting Damion, Shawn, April and Abigail at Chili's for a somewhat late dinner..we didn't get there until 8pm. When we woke up on Saturday morning it was pouring the rain ;0) you know I was loving it! I did want to take the girls to the pool but was totally fine with having a lazy Saturday. I was able to watch a movie early Saturday morning - The Last Song. It was pretty good. I'm a huge Nicholas Sparks fan and this was based on his book. Madison slept until 11am but Emma-Leigh was up pretty early and her imagination was already at work. She made a bus - out of the laundry sorter....for Maggie and Muffin.
The dogs were really good sports about riding in the bus. Muffin loved it! EL just had to tell him to come get in the bus and he came.
Shortly after the dogs got bored with riding the bus EL decided to do her own little concert. She had the "bus" all covered up with blankets and she was under them. So she pops up and starts singing "Barbie and the Rockers..." it was quite funny.
We went to mom and dad's for dinner Saturday night - beans & cornbread and fried potatoes! YUM!! After that the girls and I went to Wal-Mart for a few groceries and I bought the girls each a book. Madison HAS to read this year. In the past she was supposed to be reading 15 minutes each night. I would have to sign a homework log saying she had read. I would say 9 out of 10 times she did not actually read. This year, she has a book report she has to do when she finishes each book - and she has to read 4. So...she is very interested in the show Pretty Little Liars so that's the series she has started. EL picked Diary of a Wimpy Kid and they have had their noses in their books ever since!
I tried to sneak up on her but it didn't work!
Sunday Damion took a bit of a break and the 4 of us went to lunch at Papas and Beer. We chilled out at home for a little while which Madison absolutely hated. She actually updated her facebook status to say that she was dying a slow death because she was so bored. Her aunt Tissy gave she and EL a great idea to send Jaidyn and Ayla a letter so they decided to take her up on it. I however was enjoying myself on the back porch in the lovely weather with a new book and neglected to take a picture :( a little while later we left to have dinner at mom and dad's (again!). By this time Damion had already left to work on a few things and had not made it home yet so we left without him. We had barbeque chicken, green beans and roasted corn on the cob. It was delicious!! The girls finally got to see their Rileybug and they were so happy!

So like I said before, today is Damion's birthday...he is 37. We don't have any exciting plans for him tonight. I did get him a card and didn't wake him up this morning and he has a ball game tonight - maybe the girls and I will go - depending on what time it is. This picture is 2 years old but I like it!
Madison starts cheerleading practice this afternoon. I think she is looking forward to it!
Okay now time to vent....Hannah came back to work today. She was gone to the beach Thursday and Friday and I will admit I enjoyed the quiet time. I discovered many things while she was gone - probably won't mean anything to you but Aimee would totally understand why these things get under my skin (and she never would have done any of them). Okay here we go...she staples things that don't need to be stapled...like the new evaluation papers for new patients. I have to unstaple every single one of them. She has made copies of all the patient registration packets - instead of printing out fresh ones. So they are a mess! She makes new patient charts BEFORE the patient's get here - so when they come, I make them one and then they have 2!!! Ugh. The labels on the new patient's charts are typed in ALL CAPS. I don't do it that way. So I have a few things that bother me that I need to figure out how to explain to her...so help me! Oh and last Monday, she overbooked all but 1 patient on Dr. Puster's schedule....that CAN NOT happen!!!
Fall is my absolute favorite time of year too! I can't wait. We are supposed to be about 90 all week instead of 100 so although it is not the best it sure does beat the heat and humidity of all the 100+ days we have been having here lately.
ReplyDeleteHannah.....just pick one thing at a time so she doesn't feel like she is being picked on and just simply say "Hey, I would really like for us to do this the way we have been doing in the past." Just show her. Hope this helps. I always just try and approach these things in a friendly and not overwhelming manner. :o)
I have so many things I want to comment on about this blog...#1, I'm jealous that you can have dinner with your parents anytime you want...I was really looking forward to being able to have dinner, lunch , breakfast..whatever with mine at any time if this all worked out. Then i was looking at your pictures and I thought..well maybe you can wait 18 months and we can sell our house here and buy yours, then move up there, 18 months will fly by, won't it? The last 18th months have flown by, I can't believe Garrett is already 18 months old, although his birth seems so long ago...
ReplyDelete#2 I'm also jealous of your Fall, another reason I was looking forward to moving home..we won't actually get much of a "Fall" it will get cool enough here to actually appreciate in about late October, November..all I had this morning was muggy humidity..blah...
#3 Happy Birthday to Damion :)
#4Take it easy on Hannah, she's new...maybe just trying to do everything right and in the meantime not realizing she's actually doing it all the wrong way...
Oh, and I love you..wish I was gonna be around more to hang out...I'm already planning my next trip...October maybe?
I can't wait to see what the girls wrote for J and A! Dad called this morning and said he's bringing them with him for Jaidyn's bday party...you know you are welcome too, please come if you can. I love EL's imagination, she and Jaidyn are a lot alike in that way. Tell Damion happy birthday and remember how crappy you felt your's was...well this is how you can preface what you want next year...do it up sister!
ReplyDelete