If you haven't seen the ad, go to www.biltmorebaptist.org and check it out. I do not feel in any way, shape or form that the ad was meant to mock the actual "Modern Family" television show CONTENT (YES, the ad is similar). . . but nowhere does it mention anything about homosexuality. In my mind, the ad portrays diversity - in a "modern" family - modern meaning this day and time...There are over 200 comments on that status update and my blood was boiling as I was reading them...I had to stop. What I loved most? Seeing the church full last night - on a Wednesday night! Sure didn't stop anyone from coming :)
OK on to other stuff...as most of you read in my blog entitled "Yesterday", Madison has been dealing with something this week. She's been doing a great job. However, she had a huge mess last night after Maggie got into the trashcan...it wasn't pretty.
Does she look like she would be so much trouble? YES!! Looks can be deceiving! So...Madison had a mess to clean up. She was not happy. Neither was I.
As I have already said, we went to church last night. It was the first night back to Awana and Emma-Leigh moved up to a new class. She is now in T&T - Truth & Training. She had a fun time last night! Ethan's mom (EL's "boyfriend") has graciously offered to help transport EL to Awana since Madison's games will be on Wednesday nights. I am so thankful. She also is bringing another one of their friends, Faith with her. So Emma-Leigh is really excited...not sure if I posted this picture from EL's bday party blog or not but here is the cutie pie Ethan...
We ate dinner at church then me, Cindy, Madison & Bayley went to the gym. The girls did their homework while we met up with mom and exercised! yay. I hate working out! Damion had a late game and we were all asleep when he got home. Tonight I will go to the gym after work and then head home - pretty uneventful...the best kind!
I have kinda sorta told Hannah about the things she is doing that are annoying me. I'm not good at it. I don't want to hurt her feelings but so far she has been open to anything I say. I don't really know her that well so I'm not exactly sure how she takes me. She is still learning and in her probationary period so my guess is she wants to be doing things right, she wants to keep her job so maybe I can give constructive criticism in a cheerful way - or just deal with it and get over my obsessive-compulsive quirks.
Oh my, our furry kids can make big messes when they want to! Sounds like you are making progress with Hannah and that is good for both of you!
ReplyDeleteThat Biltmore Baptist drama is crazy. What's worse is the WLOS causing the drama. WLOS is the crappiest newscast in the history of the world. It's like they've turned local news into entertainment news...it's pathetic. Anyway...as long as you have faith and beliefs who cares what anyone else thinks? Faith is a personal thing.
ReplyDeletethat ethan is too cute!! what a cute little couple!:)
ReplyDelete