This is an attempt to recap the weekend...what I can remember of it at least.
Friday night we ventured out kinda late (8:30pm) for school supplies at Target. It was a great time to go - didn't have to fight the crowds at all. The girls got pretty much everything they needed except for a few things that April will graciously give them later. Those of you that do not know April, she is a coupon queen. Not just a coupon queen, a COUPON QUEEN. No joke. She can make money off stores. She also buys things when they're on sale, not necessarily when she needs them so she's got quite a stock pile of stuff. Anyway, the girls really got into buying stuff for school. They enjoy picking out their notebooks and pencil pouches. Ah, to be a kid again! They are really looking forward to school starting back next week and I am too. Not really looking forward to the 5:30am alarm clock but really looking forward to getting back into the routine - and getting back into the gym. My belly is "round" as Emma-Leigh says.
Saturday we went to Charlotte for Damion, Donald and Brandon to do the racing experience again. This time it was Mario Andretti indy cars. They had a lot of fun!
We stopped in Shelby and had dinner at Applebee's then headed back home. Madison and Emma-Leigh spent the night with Vickie and Donald so that I could shop with mom alone on Sunday for my bday :)
So Sunday I got up around 9:30am (shocking, I can NEVER sleep in) and went to get mom. We went to Marshalls, Target, Old Navy and then headed to the mall. We had lunch at McAllister's Deli then went to TV Nails for pedicures!


my toes BEFORE the rub down - they are pink now :)
After that a surprise dinner was in the works for me with mom, dad, Brett, Sarah & Riley at Papas and Beer!

Surprise! haha. It was one of the best days I have had in a really long time.
Please continue to pray for Hannah Allison, her big brother and little sister. Emma-Leigh is working on a few things to send to Hannah in a care package. She's really having a hard time knowing that one of her best friends is in so much pain :( she told me this morning that if she had been at Hannah's house she would have pushed her and Abby out of the way. She has also not left my side at all. She's terrified of everything and didn't even want her bath hot last night. I can't even imagine how Hannah and her siblings felt when they were on fire and I am sure that thought has crossed Emma-Leigh's mind as well.
It can all change - in the blink of an eye.
Do not give all my secrets away :) Glad you got some rest this weekend. And lets frame that smile, I have not seen one of those in a long time!
ReplyDeleteGreat post!
ReplyDeleteI love this, and you..I love that you had such a great weekend with your family and Damion actually got a day to do something fun and relax a little :)
ReplyDeleteShe has made Hannah a card/letter :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a pretty fun birthday weeked! :o) I wish I could go get my toes done! It's so hard to bend over for that long now!
ReplyDeleteI will continue to be thinking about and praying for Hannah. I can only imagine what Emma-Leigh is going through. I'll be praying for her too, because I'm sure she is terrified.