I was actually very surprised and extremely pleased that our morning went as well as it did. Emma-Leigh did forget to do her homework last night! I totally forgot about it but she was given a paper plate at meet the teacher and was supposed to use it to describe things about herself and bring it back today. Such a great start off to the new year, right? doing homework from the night before the next morning :)
And Madison eating her breakfast..
The dress Emma-Leigh is wearing is NOT what she was supposed to wear today. She had to take the other one off because it was "itchy"...I like the blue one better :(
Don't they look great?
Here's Madison and Bayley walking into the school
and Emma-Leigh with her teacher, Ms. Harter...oops her eyes are closed!
I hope they all have a wonderful day!!
Now to recap the weekend...
Friday night Damion and I went to Papas and Beer with Shawn, April and Abigail...then went home. The girls were already at the lake with mom and dad so we were able to hang out and watch a movie. We watched Date Night. It was SO not good. Saturday morning, I got up and me, Cindy, Bayley and Brody headed down to the lake. It was cloudy and rainy :( but we made the most of it.
Sunday the girls and I went with Cindy and the kids to Randy's dad's house where his step-mom cut the girls hair and she rode them on the 4-wheeler. They had a fun time!

Then later, we went to Chili's for lunch but Damion decided not to go with us - he wasn't feeling well. His heartburn symptoms are getting worse every day. He eats Prilosec and Zantac like it's candy. I worry about him - he doesn't have enough time in the day to exercise and is a bit overweight. Maybe one of these days he and Shawn can get back in the routine of going to the gym - okay, routine may be pushing it. I think that only lasted for like 2 days. . . Monday was Meet the Teacher day and my day off to hang with the girls. We had a wonderful day! We started out by getting up pretty early and headed to Office Max for Madison a new locker shelf. Then to Target for her a pair of shoes. Then it was off to meet Damion at Cane Creek. We found out that Madison & Bayley are on the same team but not in any of the same classes. They were excited to be able to eat lunch together and to hang out during "energizer" time so they were pleased. After that I took them to get pedicures :) they loved it!
Then it was off to meet Cindy and her assistant teacher at Panera for lunch.
After that, we headed to Glen Arden to meet Damion for Emma-Leigh's Meet the Teacher. She has a couple friends in her class from last year but was real upset to see that Hannah is not in her class. See, I knew this - like, 2 months ago but she didn't want me to tell her - she wanted it to be a surprise. She was teary eyed and pouted for a few minutes but quickly got over it. She actually said, "I'm gonna tell Hannah to meet me up on the black top when we go outside." Sounds like a good plan to me! :) So we left Glen Arden, and dropped by to see Sarah and Riley. Riley's big girl bed was put in her new room over the weekend and we were all eager to see it. Of course, the girls couldn't help but stunt her while we were there.

So that's about it! I did manage to get to the grocery yesterday and cooked dinner last night. This morning I even put a roast in the slow cooker so dinner will be ready when I come home from . . . . . the gym! Shocking, eh? I'm not looking forward to it!!!!
Update on Hannah - she had surgery yesterday and another one today. I haven't heard from her mom but I am certain she did fine. Keep the prayers coming.
Gosh, to be that young again! I am glad everyone got off to a good start even with the demanding breakfast orders and required delivery times...LOL Great job on that too!
ReplyDeleteI want to see a pic of EL with her new backpack and lunchbox! I can't believe school is already starting again...craziness!
ReplyDeletePS The notes are hilarious!!! They sure do eat a lot for breakfast!
ReplyDelete