The Brookshire's

The Brookshire's

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

charlotte/carowinds...girls weekend continued

The Brookshire / Abbey girls reunite in Charlotte!

They were exhausted by the time we got there! But we headed out to dinner anyway!


If you read my sister's blog you will find more photos and the highlight of our dinner! www.thepinehurstabbeys@blogspot.com
Saturday morning we were up early for breakfast at the hotel and then on our way to Carowinds!

First stop - Snoopy World!

Poor Jaidyn was terrified of everything...even the carousel. Ayla on the other hand was just mad she couldn't ride more rides. She's a little daredevil!




This picture is a fake out...here's how it really went down...


I didn't think we would ever make it out of Snoopy World!
Here are Emma-Leigh and Jaidyn being silly while waiting on Tiff and Madison to ride the Carolina Cyclone.

So Madison was able to ride the most rides.



The lines were incredibly long and the park was only open from 10am - 5:30pm (plenty long enough for us).
I think the girls had enough fun to last them about 4 years. By then Jaidyn will be over the fear and Ayla will be tall enough to ride anything. Emma-Leigh will hopefully have gotten more courageous by then to ride the big stuff and maybe Madison won't be too cool for us in 4 years...
After Carowinds we went back to the hotel to cool off in the pool for awhile. They really needed it! While we were sitting by the pool...a faint whisper in the background. The mall was calling for us! So off we went :)


We definitly got our walking in this weekend!
Sunday morning we skipped the breakfast at the hotel - mainly because we didn't have time. We were too busy packing up. We decided to go to Concord Mills for another shopping spree but they didn't open until noon so we had a late breakfast/early lunch at Bojangle's.
Shopping was fun...the girls did a fashion show with halloween costumes. They were so funny!






See the problem is Ayla looks so cute in anything she wears! But this is the one they decided on...Jaidyn too.

I ended up buying EL an Alice in Wonderland costume at the Disney Store at the mall the night before so of course she was all to pieces because she couldn't have the poodle skirt outfit too. It wouldn't have mattered anyway, they didn't have her size. So on we go....Tiff splurged on Madison and bought her (and gave her) birthday present 6 weeks early...

She was thrilled! Shortly after it was time to say goodbye :(


We had a great time and plan to do it again next year - only without going to Carowinds!

Monday was a fun day for me. I spent the ENTIRE day at the Grove Park Inn Spa. 9am until 7pm. It was wonderful! The company was great as well. I went with Kristi Hughes and her friend Valerie Miller. The time went by so fast! The massage was the best I have ever had there. I can not wait to go back again! No pictures from Spa Day unfortunately. No cameras are allowed and to be honest, you wouldn't have wanted to see us anyway. Fun was had by all!

7 comments:

  1. What happened to Emma-Leigh being Dorothy for Halloween?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know her...always changing her mind. No chance of taking Alice back though so hopefully she's happy with the decision she's made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, Ayla didn't get the poodle skirt, remember...she got the pink dress with skirt to be a "ballerina"

    We had so much fun, but how tired do I look in that last picture of you and I...wow, bags under eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yeah! haha. There were so many! It's all a blur to me now!

    yes, exhaustion was taking over by that point! Memories for a life time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds and Looks like you all had a wonderful weekend. I think getting together once a year like that is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you girls had fun! Sad I didn't get to see you though... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know Sterl, I am so sorry I didn't call. The weekend went by so so fast! I do miss you!!

    ReplyDelete