The Brookshire's

The Brookshire's

Friday, September 17, 2010

fRiDaY

So today, I'm not gonna cry :) how's that sound? Seems like I've cried every day this week and today I'm just not gonna let it happen. Progress was made with Madison last night I think - After work Damion met me at Cane Creek for Madison's Open House. It went well. She decided she was too tired to go to tumbling and asked if she could skip it, so since we were gonna be pushed for time anyway, I agreed. She can go twice next week to make it up. After Open House I had to go pick Emma-Leigh up from mom and dad's. Brett, Sarah & Riley were there and they were just sitting down to eat lasagna & salad and we were invited to stay to eat too. So we did. Damion had actually gone on home so he was lucky enough to have a sandwich and corn dog when we finally got there ;) as soon as we got home the normal crazy routine was on. Does anyone besides me ever get tired of the same thing every single day? And then - when something doesn't go within your routine you get even more bent out of shape? well that's me. Emma-Leigh had to have a bath, clothes needed to be washed, dishwasher emptied - all of that and Madison hadn't even started on her homework. So once all of that got done and EL was in the bed, Madison had a break down. About time, right? Someone other than me crying my eyes out? She was struggling with some homework. Not that it was hard, just feeling overwhelmed because it was so much and it was getting so late and she still hadn't had a shower. So I suggested she take a break. Go get in the shower and come back to it. So she did. When she got out, she was crying so hard. I was watching tv and immediately went in her room to see if she was okay. This is what happens, right? When a child goes and goes and doesn't get enough rest. She crashes. With cheerleading practice everyday, loads of homework and a social life that just doesn't quit she has run out of energy! We were able to work thru it though. I held her - she tried to pull away. But with my encouragement she was able to finish her work and then she went straight to bed. Is it bad to say that I'm glad that happened? She needed to break down. So it's Friday and I'm looking forward to sleeping in at least until 7:30 tomorrow morning. I'm planning on cleaning the house in the morning and going to Ethan's birthday party at 3pm. EL is looking forward to it and so am I! Hannah hasn't made it to work yet today so all is quiet here. Apparently her mom is having a break down. It's slow here so all is good. Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! OH - I forgot to share some pictures from the game on Tuesday..here's a couple. a bit of a distraction... This is one of my favorite cheers - too bad her eyes are closed.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I would love to sleep in too! We will see how that goes...ha ha Yes, on occasion we all just need those little breakdowns and to get everything out that we have been holding in. The older we get the more we realize it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops I published before I uploaded pictures! oops.

    It's tough to see her like that. But I do think she needed it. After how mean I was to her yesterday! ugh

    ReplyDelete
  3. She seemed very upbeat and in a good mood last night at dinner...she talked a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She did seem in a good mood at dinner. I enjoyed hearing her talk. We do need to just let it all out sometimes. Hope this coming week is a better one for her. Love you!

    ReplyDelete