The Brookshire's

The Brookshire's

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

5 day recap

Another one of Madison's songs..I hope the lyrics are okay. I couldn't turn my sound up to proof it. Forgive me if it isn't!

It feels as if I haven't blogged in forever! Ok, I'll try to make this brief...Soccer practice for EL friday night (madi was at the play). After soccer, EL and I went to the mall for Mother's Day presents and a little spoiling of her by me with a trip to Build-a-Bear. Just accessories. No animals - she has 6! We got food to go from the food court and headed to Cane Creek at about 9pm. That was it.

Saturday morning, soccer game at 10am. Mom and dad came. Emma-Leigh did great! She had an awesome throw in which went over her opponent's head and right at the feet of her team mate. Great job! She is really enjoying this soccer stuff.

After the game we went home and hung out until about 1:30pm. Then we were off to the spring fling at Glen Arden. Emma-Leigh had a blast. I left at 4pm to take Madison to the school for the last play performance while EL stayed at the Spring Fling. Brett & Sarah were there when I got back. Here is a picture of Riley holding one of the baby duckies. Not a great picture but it was the best I could do.



After Spring Fling, EL and I went home to find Damion mowing the grass. He sent us to Target for heartburn meds so we were on the go again! Cindy and the kids were at Target as well and after that we headed to Panera for some dinner! Damion worked late mowing the grass at the spec house and at Family Preservation so he was on his own with McDonald's for dinner. I picked Madison up from the play at midnight. Apparently there was lots of drama during the cast play because Cameron called my phone wanting to talk to Madison before she even got in the car. When I got to her, she was just going on and on about what happened that night...boys. ugh. Then she turns the light on in the car and says, "okay mom, look" and I turn to look at her. She has lips all over her cheeks!! Then she proceeded to tell me about how it is tradition for every person in musical theatre to put on stage lipstick at the cast party and kiss everyone on the cheek. That was where the whole kissing question came from!!!! Here I am thinking she wants to get freaky and she just wants to kiss on the cheek! Ahhhh...music to my ears! All I could do was laugh :)

Sunday was Mother's Day. We skipped church because I didn't get in bed until about 1am. Damion slept until noon, Madison until 12:30pm, just because I woke her up. After much deliberation and many hunger pains we ended up having lunch at Papas & Beer on Tunnel Rd. The service was terrible! Then we went to the mall where Damion bought me some pj pants and t-shirt and some jean capris. I will admit, I was a little sad this year. I think Mother's Day just isn't all it's cracked up to be but I thought I would at least get to sleep in. Have a bowl of cereal in the bed? Nope. Didn't happen. Oh well. Emma did make me some really cute crafts though. I should have taken a picture of them...one is a little basket full of flowers. The flowers are made out of pipe cleaners for stems and foam thingies for petals. Very cute! Another was a box that was neatly wrapped, with a bow and had a little note on the top that said it couldn't be opened - that it was filled with love inside. Aw, so sweet! The other was a piece of construction paper that had a drawing of me on it and little fill in the blank phrases. Like..My mom loves it when I....help her clean. My mom looks pretty when....she's dressed for a funeral. (haha. that was my favorite) I love it when my mom...lays with me. Very cute! I didn't get anything like that from Madison :( I guess middle school brings more changes than we realize.

Yesterday was a yucky rainy Monday. I did manage to hit the gym. Then I made the mistake of going to the grocery store. Not a good idea to go when you're hungry...here's EL shopping for lunchables.


yes, she is wearing her robe...who lets their kid go in the store like that?

It is rainy again today. I'm leaving work early to get my hair cut! No gym for me today.

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious that she said you look best when dressed for a funeral! LOL. I want EL's robe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post girl, I myself think Mother's day is overrated too!

    ReplyDelete