The Brookshire's

The Brookshire's

Monday, July 26, 2010

It's Monday..seems like it's always Monday. They come around so fast.

The weekend was pretty uneventful. A lazy weekend for us - which I guess is just what we needed.

Friday I went out to lunch with Andrea and her little boy, Garrett. He is such a cutey! It was fun meeting him (I didn't see him last time they were here) and catching up with Andrea. Here's a picture of him tasting a lemon for the first time.

Friday night Damion and I went to dinner at Grove Park with Cindy and Randy for their anniversary. Dinner was the seafood buffet and was pretty good. Afterwards we went down to Elaine's piano bar. I love that place! I could sit there and listen to them play and sing all night long. Here's a picture of Damion and I - it is a terrible picture - we both look like we have double chins, I guess the angle of the camera and the way we were sitting didn't help but we were having fun and I want to put this on here just so I can remember it (even if we do look fat and nasty).

It was a late night for us. We didn't make it back to Cindy's house (her mom was keeping the girls) until well after midnight. Madison was ready to come home, EL was fast asleep but I scooped her up and stuck her in the car anyway.

Saturday I was hoping to go to the pool. Madison slept until noon and did not want to go when she woke up. Emma-Leigh didn't at first but later on in the afternoon she decided she wanted to - it was just too late by then. So we didn't go. We did go to Target to get Madison a few things for her trip then I dropped her off at Cindy's - they were leaving for Florida early Sunday morning. EL and I met Shawn, April & Abigail at Chili's for dinner that night but then came home and crashed! After doing absolutely nothing all day, we were exhausted.

Sunday, EL had a birthday party to go too. This was for her friend, Grace, who she has known since preschool. They had a great time together!

We had a huge thunderstorm yesterday. Crazy thunder and lightening. I enjoyed it but I have to admit I was a little on edge. It was unlike anything I had ever seen - and I was driving in it.

So Madison is in the sunshine state and here I am at work - missing her like crazy. I hope she has lots of fun and stays safe. Emma-Leigh has Sarah & Riley all to herself this week since the other little boy Sarah keeps is on vacation. I'm sure she is having a ball!

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes a lazy weekend is just what the Dr ordered! Cute pic, you don't look bad at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I see a somewhat smile in there! This week will fly by I am sure, have a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're nuts...you are NOT fat! I can't believe Madison is gone all week. BTW, we're hoping to come up close to your birthday weekend...start planning a girls night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was driving in it too! Jennifer and I were on our way to Bele Chere, there was a clap of thunder over the car so loud, I have NEVER heard anything like it!

    ReplyDelete