The Brookshire's

The Brookshire's

Friday, August 20, 2010

Week 1 - success!

Well the first week (4 days) of 7th and 3rd grades was spectacular! I must say I am very very very EXTREMELY proud of my girls for getting up as well as they have this week, for eating breakfast every morning (not in the car on the way to school) and for having positive attitudes each and every morning. I have probably just jinxed myself for next week but I had to brag on them a little bit because it really is a big deal. Madison is NOT a morning person. . .by any means. She absolutely LOVES to sleep and is terribly grumpy when she's woken up. She has done quite well getting up to her alarm (which goes off at 5:45am) and then spending the next 45 minutes primping. She's a beauty though and I think she's real excited about this school year. On the first day of school she told me that evening that she had a boyfriend...then yesterday she had a different one. LoL. I don't like it but whatever. I just requested that maybe she keep one boyfriend for at least 24 hours so not to seem slutty. Of course I didn't say those words directly to her but you get the idea! Today was picture day for her and she had a slight makeup malfunction. She has been using this medication she got from the dermatologist on her face (she has teeny tiny acne like bumps) and it drys her face out. So when she put her makeup on this morning, it made it even worse. Anyway, with a little moisturizer she was cured in no time!

Yesterday I had lunch with Kim and her biological mother. They recently reconnected and she is here visiting so I was lucky enough to meet them for lunch. I was excited to meet her! Kinda strange referring to her as "mom" though since all I've ever known her mom to be was Jeanne but I'm happy for she and Amy that they were ready to bond with her and meet the rest of the family. Here we are at Applebee's...


The other night Damion had a softball game and needed to cut the sleeves off his shirt. So Emma-Leigh decided she needed to keep those "sleeves" for who knows what reason...this is what she came out of her room looking like...

She is so funny and creative. She said..."I can't believe Daddy's sleeves fit on my butt!" I couldn't help but laugh...only EL would do/say something like that.

I hope to take the girls to the pool this weekend...we have no other plans which to me is the perfect weekend! Have a good one!

2 comments:

  1. That is wonderful Kim & Amy are getting to connect with her.

    EL is too cute! Very creative for sure!

    ReplyDelete