Yesterday was the day that Emma-Leigh took her book and read at the ball field - and the day she was in charge of the camera.
Yesterday was the day we had pizza for dinner and the girls jumped on the trampoline when we got home from the game - it was also the day when I folded clothes and got caught up on Big Brother.
Yesterday was the first day of cheerleading practice for Madison as a Cane Creek Hurricane! It was also the day that she did her homework at the ballfield and practiced back handsprings while she watched Damion play. But most importantly, yesterday was the day that my little girl became a woman.

I cried. Of course I cried!! She got in the car after practice and said, "Mom, guess what happened today." So I'm thinking and say..."you broke up with Luke." She said "yeah, but that was last night." So I'm still thinking...then I discovered I missed a call from April so I called her back real quick and while I was talking to her, Damion calls. So I hang up with April, talk to Damion and then I'm back in the conversation with Madison. So I said.."you broke your phone?" She says "no." I said.."you lost something." Again, "no." Then it hit me! She was in such a rotten mood on Sunday. Her back was killing her - but no stomach pains. Then I said, "you started your period?!?" She said "yep!" and then she starts crying, and of course then I cry. I'm rubbing on her neck, rubbing her arm (I am driving) and asking her if she is okay, if it got on her clothes, what did she do...20 million questions. So she said she went to the bathroom, saw it, went to the office, was given a gargantuan pad/diaper because she couldn't find the one she had been carrying around in her purse. Then she had practice and she said "I know my base felt that diaper on me." I just laughed at that point and she laughed too so she is feeling okay now. Mostly all of her friends have started their period within the last couple months. A couple started a year ago but she has been lucky enough to get by for this long. Bayley is next! LoL. Come to think of it, I was 12 and in the 7th grade when I started too. But it just doesn't seem right. She's too little. She's my baby!
Oh my, that is one of those days that you never forget. I will sure never forget. I was about the same age maybe even a year older. It is good that at the end of the day you were able to laugh about it. Seems like she handled it quite well!
ReplyDeleteOMG... I can't believe it... where has the time gone? I want to cry just thinking about it... and that it will happen to Riley one day. Ahhh!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, she would totally KILL you if she knew you posted this on your blog! lol
I can not believe you did not call me back :) Glad everything worked out for the best, and Happy Late Birthday to Damion!!
ReplyDeleteAww, poor thing!! I started in 4th grade, so I didn't even know what it was! I thought I was dying and was afraid to tell my mom!!! So, at least she was prepared! :)
ReplyDeleteYes, she handled it pretty well I was surprised and yes, she would kill me if she knew I posted this on my blog but it's private so only a select few get to read it anyway ;). April she would've died if I had picked up the phone and started calling people. She was pretty sensitive about it at first. Sterl - 4th grade?! You poor thing!!
ReplyDeleteShe is growing up way too fast! Now you better have that serious talk with her, if you know what I mean and I know that you do!:0) Oops!! Did I really say that!! She is beginning as I am ending! too funny! but that's life. I could just cry!!! I think I am!
ReplyDeleteSheesh Sterling, I thought I started early..I was 11, 6th grade..isn't that funny it is something you never forget...I am proud of her Christie, it sounds like she handled it VERY well, she was obviously mentally prepared, good for her (and you) I can imagine had that happened to me on my first day of cheerleading practice and I was a flyer, I would have found an excuse to get out of it..for that simple reason that she had such a good sense of humor about, her base feeling that "diaper" haha ;)
ReplyDelete