"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together." Marilyn Monroe
The Brookshire's
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Snow? In April?
Yep! There are flurries coming down as I am typing today's entry. Beautiful, I must say but it's too cold for this time of year and after the weekend we had, I am ready for some sunshiny warm weather!! School is as scheduled, though - secretly, I was hoping for a 2-hour delay. I am just so tired!! Cheerleading practice started last night. Emma-Leigh did wonderfully and is confident she will make the team. Last night there were 23 of them. Not sure how many they will keep but I hope her name is on the list Saturday morning. Madison's team had 8 show up. She won't have a thing to worry about. She, of course, doesn't really think about that. She continues to try hard and loves every minute of it. So it was late when we got home last night - after 8 and we still had baths and dinner to do. Thankfully, my mom is the best mom in the world and she makes sure their homework is done before I even pick them up. I love her :) so I made tacos while the girls took their bath and shower and after that, Emma-Leigh went right to sleep. It was Madison who was up later than she should have been - texting Emily on her cell phone until about 10pm. Emily is going to cheer this year, too. So that is exciting for Madison to have another friend on her team. Since they were 6, it has just been she and Bayley so it should be a great year. I've got to get on my corporate sponsors. Turns out I need about $650 for both of them to cheer this year. Emma-Leigh woke up this morning showing me her routine. I was so proud she still remembered it - but she has a great memory, not sure why I was even surprised. So, it's quiet here this morning and hopefully it will stay that way today. Cheerleading again tonight and hot dogs for dinner....unless I can convince Damion into something different. We'll see! Happy day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i just don't understand this whole youth cheerleading thing. unlike, emma-leigh, i have a terrible memory...BUT if it serves me correctly, i could SWEAR that when i cheered in youth cheerleading EVERYBODY made the team!!! how disheartening for a little girl to not make the team...craziest thing i've ever heard! i mean, it seemed like there were 30 of us out there cheering our hearts out...that's what it's about, at that age there should be no competition in my mind, NO tryouts! that's my two cents worth anyhow! have a great day...and i HATE that it's snowing...ugggh! that's ok, it should be 60 degress tomorrow!
ReplyDelete