"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together." Marilyn Monroe
The Brookshire's
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
April Fool's Day!
March is over..it went so fast! Today is April 1st and as of right now, I have had no jokes played on me. Actually, this is the first I've even thought of it! Emma-Leigh was quick this morning, though. She immediately said "It's April 1st - April Fool's Day! I'm gonna tell Katie I have 8 puppies!" I said maybe she could say something like "OH! You have a spider on you!" but she thought that was silly. So who knows what she told her, or whoever for that matter. Last night was a little chaotic. I had a doctor's appointment at 3:40 so after that I went to mom and dad's to get the girls but they hadn't finished watching Twilight from the other day and I needed to take it back last night SO, Emma-Leigh and I went to Target to drop off my prescription while mom and Madison finished watching the movie. I also went home to let the dog's out so they wouldn't hate us when we finally got home. Then we went back to mom and dad's to get Madison, went to the Book Fair, where I dropped $53 on books. Then we took the movies back to Ingles and went to Target to pick up my prescription. Once we got there, it was raining. AGAIN! So, we hurried in, I had a coupon (yay, April!!! I had a coupon) for a $10 gift card for any new or transferred prescription. My prescriptions were free because they were generic and because my insurance company is doing this thing the first half of the year where if you get generics, it's free. So I made $10 at Target last night! So then of course, I spent it. haha. I got chocolate milk, eggs, chocolate chip pancakes, for our dinner (breakfast). Total spent = .76 Aren't you proud? I was proud of myself! So, then we went home, I folded a load of laundry, called mom & Cindy and bragged about how much I didn't spend (they were proud) and then fixed dinner. The girls loved it and Damion of course, did not complain. Then we watched American Idol and finally, it was bedtime. Neither one of the girls could put their books down last night. So even though I spent $53 at the book fair, it was fine, I know it was for a good cause and they appreciated it. I even got a "Thank You, Mom" out of both of them! :) So the morning was good - Madison had said last night that she wanted chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast this morning. So she did! She got up good, got herself ready and ate breakfast - we were out the door! Emma-Leigh read the whole way to school! Now I am sending people to collections at work. what a drag! Maybe I will think of a good April Fool's joke to play on Aimee...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
wow, i'm so catching up...haven't had internet at work for like a week, and that's where i do most of my "reading" and what not. (i have a boring job, so it's ok!)
ReplyDeletesounds like you've had a few busy days, but good ones!
keep up the blogging, love it!