"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together." Marilyn Monroe
The Brookshire's
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Tryout day!
Tonight the girls will try out for cheerleading. It will be Madison's 6th time and Emma-Leigh's 1st. She is very excited and nervous. They will all most likely make it because they don't have more than 25 on any team. It's just the thought that they may not make it that makes them nervous. Madison is going to Cane Creek today with her class to tour the school and meet the teachers. We have already done that once but today will probably be a bit different. She is very excited! Last night Madison & Damion finished up the egg drop project. I had to do one in 5th grade too so it was pretty neat reliving it. My project was a tupperware container (it was orange) that I filled with sugar, stuck the egg in the middle, and put sugar on top of it, put the lid on the container and went with it. It worked too, never broke! Madison's is fabulous! Damion bought a piece of foam, they cut it in half, carved an "egg holder" in the middle of it and glued a zipper all the way around the middle of it and it zips up! Genius idea! She then colored the entire cube of foam with different colored sharpie markers in the shape of polka dots. She named it the Polka-Dotted Plunger! It should withstand the fall! I can't wait to see how it goes! We are one day closer to Friday and I am off 3 days next week so I am super excited! Happy Easter!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
you could always hard boil the egg as well and it won't break lol
ReplyDeleteand that would be cheating, my dear friend. :)
ReplyDelete