The Brookshire's

The Brookshire's

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter / Spring Break

Boy am I behind! Time sure does get away from you! Keeping up with this blog thing is a lot of work but very rewarding. Let me try to update you on what all has been going on this past week...

Last friday was Good Friday and I was off work. Madison had spent the night with Cameron on thursday night so it was just Emma-Leigh and I. We went to the park, ate lunch and she rode her scooter. The weather was very nice. Not too hot with a wonderful breeze. She chose to wear a dress...she says she's cooler that way. She also told me that she will ride this Dora scooter when she's 20.



Friday night EL (that's what we'll call her since her name is so darn long) she had her first soccer practice. She had a great time! After that we met Shawn, April & Abigail at our usual friday night hang out :) papas & beer!



Madison spent the night at Cameron's again on Friday night. They were working on building a "tree house" and hadn't quite finished yet. So Cam called and begged for Madison to stay another night so they could have one more day to work on it. Here's the final product...



EL and I dyed Easter eggs on Saturday while Madison & Cameron were busy at work! EL rode her scooter in the driveway, made tracks with her sidewalk chalk and we just hung out at home, relaxing.



Saturday night, the girls and I (and Cameron) went to Panera for dinner. Cameron stayed the night and the Easter Bunny visited! We weren't able to go to church Sunday morning. It wasn't a good morning. Madison got up late, her hair wouldn't do right, her dress was too short...I was upset because Damion wasn't going and we were late so we ended up not going at all. I was bummed.



Sunday night the 4 of us went to dinner with mom, dad, brett, sarah & riley to PF Chang's. It was delicious! For some reason, the holidays don't seem the same now that I'm older. I don't feel like we are with our family as much as we should be. Mom and dad were at the lake this weekend, as were Vickie and Donald. It was the perfect weekend to be at the lake but we weren't able to go because EL had soccer friday night. Damion ended up working a little while on Sunday, we only did 1 egg hunt but he wasn't home for it. I don't know, it just doesn't feel the same. Here are Damion and EL washing the car...



Monday & Tuesday I was off work to hang out with the girls. We went to the park both days. We had a blast!! It was extremely hot - like 84 with a light breeze. We packed a picnic lunch both days. On Monday, Madison's friends, Emily & Lily were there. They ended up coming home with her and spent the night. Tuesday we were up and at it again! The creek was freezing cold but they had a lot of fun.





ok, that's about it. It was back to work for me yesterday and boy was it tough! Short week though so we are doing good. Also, Damion was sick yesterday. He didn't get out of the bed - some kind of stomach bug got him. He's back at it today though hopefully he will stay well!

2 comments:

  1. wow....she even hung out with ME, kailyn, kamden, lana, alexis, michelle, madison taylor, matthew, mason, maddox, bailey and kristina....it was an awesome awesome great day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I did. It was an awesome 2 days! Just relaxing, nowhere to be! very nice :)

    ReplyDelete