That's right folks! In case you haven't heard, President Obama will be hanging out in Asheville for the weekend. At the Grove Park, to be exact. My only hope for him is that he will find it in his heart to meet Lindsay Hales. She is Madison's friend, Emily's sister. News 13 came to Glen Arden yesterday and interviewed her. If you missed it, check it out on www.wlos.com I truly hope her dream comes true!
Do you ever feel like some people do/say things on purpose to try to hurt you? It may be indirectly, nonchalantly - but if you are "in tune" you know what they are doing. This happens to me a lot. I don't try to be better than anyone, I don't pretend like my life, marriage, children are perfect. But why in the world would anybody (especially a "friend") make you feel like dirt on the bottom of someone's shoes? I just don't get it. Marriage class these past 2 weeks has been about communication. Not just communication in your marriage, but communication in any relationship. I tend to be an ignorer in my friendship relationships but am very direct (sometimes too much) in my marriage when it comes to conflict. Not only am I an ignorer but I often times discuss issues with other friends about this conflict. Just my way of dealing with it, I guess. Ok, that's enough venting.
For those of you who pray often and have been praying for Damion....keep it up!! His spirits this week have lifted and we have had a wonderful week. Now tomorrow is Friday (hallelujah) and pay day for him which tends to be stressful and all that may come crumbling down but for the moment - Life is Good. He still hasn't gotten paid from the 2 homeowners that owe him a lot of $ but hopefully with time (and lots of prayer) that will get done too. Another prayer request is for little Susanna Whitaker. I do not personally know her but she and her family are members at Biltmore Baptist who are missionaries in Haiti. Susanna had been very sick for the past 2 weeks, hardly eating anything at all. Her parents had just gotten over malaria and they thought that was what Susanna had. They flew to Miami Children's Hospital just 3 days ago and have found out that she is covered in tumors. A very agressive cancer is taking over her entire body. Poor little thing, she is only 4 years old.
Go hug your babies! (even the furry ones)
I will no doubt be keeping Susanna in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteOk so I started a blog, nothing major on it but we will see how it goes. :o)
One of my favs....
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great" Mark Twain
Great post, glad things are looking a little up! Prayers for Susanna and family!
ReplyDelete