The Brookshire's

The Brookshire's

Thursday, September 30, 2010

For Sale

Something I have yet to blog about....our house is for sale. This is a good thing. It should be. Our intentions were to never live in our house for as long as we have. I love our house. It's great! It's just that we are beginning to outgrow it and Damion didn't build it - that's the main thing. So the spec house has been on the market for about 6 months or so and there have been no takers. Another spec has been started and I am starting to worry. The plan has always been for Damion to build us a house - we can't build one and live in ours AND pay for the specs so...we need to sell. Where will we live when it sells? I haven't a clue. It could be a very long time before it does sell and if the spec house sells before ours then great but we will still keep ours on the market. At first I had mixed emotions about this - it felt like we HAD to sell. Like we weren't gonna be able to make ends meet unless we sold. As you all know the economy stinks right now and having a builder for a husband in this economy is nerve racking. Since the For Sale sign went up I have had lots of time to think about this. In order to fulfill our dreams, our goals - we have to move out of our house. We just remodeled last year - hardwood floors, all new stainless appliances (our old ones were just 9 years old), new furniture throughout, tile in the bathroom and kitchen, the girls rooms were redone. The only thing lacking is my bathroom - I have a whirlpool tub, no shower. We need to put a shower in there but that is on the backburner for now. Anyway my point is, I kinda like my house. I love the yard. I like the location. It's the only house my kids have ever known. There are many memories! I hate the fact that Damion didn't build it with his own blood, sweat and tears. So we will just see what happens! Pray for the economy to pick up - for the housing market to improve.
** Happy Birthday Kristi!!**

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you! I know it's going to be hard to leave all those memories and that is a GREAT lot...but you are going to love what he builds for you...he's so good and everything will be so new...enjoy it while you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a home that he has put his own blood, sweat & tears into will be much more valuable to you all. It is hard to leave those memories but just keep in mind all of the new ones you will be creating in a home that is much more personal to you all! I am employed but a contractor so I fully understand the stress of this economy. I pray every day it will get better for all of us and I have FAITH that it WILL!

    ReplyDelete